Friday, August 12, 2011

Award Winners - Where Are They?

Recently there was a note in the Young Adult area's suggestion box: "There should be more prize winner books, and maybe a little more variety".  I wish I could talk with the person, who left this suggestion/request, about what they mean by variety.  From my view in the corner there is a comprehensive range of genres and subjects from which to choose.  All of which I would be pleased to blab endlessly about, just ask.  If there is something not represented I definitely want to know about it. I love collection development.  I'm not sure about the request for "more prize winner books," I don't think they meant extra copies, (maybe they do?).  Following is a small sample of YA fiction and nonfiction award winners, (all of which are in the Hamilton-Wenham Library collection), clicking on the book cover will take you to the catalog, where you can find out about the book, and place a hold for a copy:

Sir Terry Prachett is the recipient of the 2011 Margaret A. Edwards Award,  honoring his significant and lasting contribution to writing for teens:
Jim Murphy is the recipient of the 2010 Margaret A. Edwards Award honoring his significant and lasting contribution to writing for teens:
 
The Michael L. Printz Award is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. The 2011 Printz Award was awarded to:

The 2011 Printz Honor books are:


To see a plethora of YA award books and top ten lists click here.